Thursday, March 02, 2006

a few from the past . . .

A couple of folks have asked to see some of my work and exercises from the past, so here we go! I even dug up a few that show the progress from sketch to painting.

1) Apples; 8x10 inches; umber and sienna under painting:



2) First color washes:



3) Color glazes:



4) Final painting:



::: ::: ::: ::: ::: :::

1) Milkmaid (Vermeer) copy; 16x20 inches; sketch in burnt umber and sienna:



2) Value under painting:



3) Color layers, and some glazing; still in progress:



::: ::: ::: ::: ::: :::

1) Roadbridge at Argenteuil (Monet) copy; 18x24 inches:



2) Still in progress:



::: ::: ::: ::: ::: :::

A house in Williamstown (commissioned work); 16x20 inches:

2 Comments:

Blogger william wray said...

I like this one. daring cropping.

7:28 PM GMT-5  
Blogger David said...

Thanks Bill! Thanks Rebecca! This one turned out nice -- one of my favorites to be sure. I actually managed to stop myself from overworking the background which made all the difference in pulling the viewer's eye forward. Anyway -- check back in a couple of weeks -- I'll have another building painting done by then. Much less daring cropping though.

Best,

David

11:09 PM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home