Monday, February 20, 2006

Why dirt on paper?



Many moons ago, a beautiful, soulful woman taught me how to draw in the small private room of a Montreal youth hostel.

"This is hard . . . how do I know what to do? It's so intimidating," I complained.

"Nonsense!" She said. "It's just dirt on paper . . . nothing more . . . dirt on paper."

And that was enough. We spent the next two days in the room together sipping tea and drawing.

We continue our journey together through life and art, joined now by a pair of kids and two furry, canine companions.

Welcome to Dirt on Paper.

2 Comments:

Blogger Micah R. Condon said...

ha ha - i like your artwork, and the dirt on paper concept is great. It's good not to take things too seriously now and then :-)

I added your site to my blogroll on my painting blog at http://micahcondon.blogspot.com

1:12 PM GMT-5  
Blogger David said...

Micah -- thanks so much for stopping by!

Cheers!

9:56 AM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home